Technical Support System Specialist
This Technical Systems Support Specialist I position is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 0730 to 1800 - full-time days - in the IS department at Northwest Medical Center.
Summary: Responsible for supporting computer hardware, peripherals, software applications, and operating system needs. Provides basic support on servers and networks. Answers help desk phones and performs ticket intake as well as tier 1 troubleshooting.
- Provides desktop support for all computer models, peripheral devices and printers and software applications installed.
- Works with vendors for repair of equipment and/or coordinates arrival of vendor technician for on-site repair as necessary.
- Answers help desk phones, records issues, and assigns those issues to the appropriate Information Services staff for resolution. Maintains a professional and courteous attitude when assisting users and resolving support issues. Closes support tickets in a timely manner.
- Configures and installs appropriate/licensed applications/software on computers per department protocols and instructions.
- Facilitates issue resolution with corporate IT.
- Maintains a secure computing environment, and follows policy and department protocols related to Active Roles (AD), SCCM, encryption, and antivirus solutions.
- Coordinates with vendors, users and other parties involved to complete assigned work on time.
- Informs IS Management of end user recommendations and functional needs, following established department protocols.
- Maintains a working knowledge of servers and networking equipment installed at Northwest Medical Center facilities. Provides basic support for servers and the network and maintains and awareness of proper escalation protocols for problem resolution.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 03171934-45e1-451a-9a14-ae198e2f8aa0