This Surgical Tech position is part-time (32 Hours) - days with full-time benefits at the Northwest Tucson Surgery Center - Located at 6320 North La Cholla Blvd. No weekends, no holidays, no call!!
SUMMARY: Assists the physician in the surgical OR suite using sterile technique for gowning and gloving; patient positioning; handing appropriate instruments to the surgeon during the surgical process, while anticipating their needs.
1. Assists with preparing rooms with needed appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment. Assists with maintaining surgeon's preference cards as needed.
2. Assists with opening of sterile supplies, sets up for procedures and maintains an orderly surgical field.
3. Adequately prepares for procedures/surgeries and anticipates physician's needs during procedures/surgeries.
4. Accepts and properly identifies any medication or solution on sterile field.
5. Performs sponge, instrument and sharps counts according to policy. Handles specimens/cultures according to policy.
6. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. hand off report) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
7. Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures to ensure minimal turnover time.
8. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment, instruments and supplies and returns them to proper locations. Participates in department/facility
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: fce261b3-4f7f-45dd-9ea9-25755dbf3d2f