Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women’s center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Provides basic care to patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
1. Provides basic patient care within scope of practice in a competent and timely manner.
2. Timely, accurate and legible documentation of all assigned/required tasks or duties.
3. Timely completion of all assigned non-patient care related duties (e.g. stocking of supplies).
4. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. handoff/report, changes in patient condition or vital signs).
5. Enhances growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services and meetings.
6. Maintains clean and organized work environment (e.g.: patient rooms, utility rooms).
7. Completes assigned equipment maintenance ( e.g.: glucometer, bladder scanner, scales, SCD).
8. Timely removal, cleaning and disposition of patient care equipment at patient discharge.
9. Consistent hourly rounding and bed side shift report with purpose.
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required. Post High School vocational / specialized training preferred.
Experience: One (1) year clinical experience in hospital, long term care, home health or nursing home preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: BLS certification. Preferred: NRP if in Women’s Center.