This Ultrasound Technologist position is a PRN - varied shifts- working in Radiology at Northwest Medical Center. This position requires an AMA approved program in ultrasound technology
Summary: Performs ultrasonic diagnostic tests for patients as ordered.
1. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, obstetric and gynecology procedures. Identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served.
2. Positions patients and operates equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data. Performs tests with portable equipment in patient room when necessary. May transfer patients as required.
3. Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc. Scans patient, marks patient's body, determines angle for puncture, assists as necessary, maintains sterile technique.
4. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
5. Reviews and evaluates completed test for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered; ensures quality images.
6. Instructs, trains and supervises students, may lead technical and support staff.
7. Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
8. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
9 Select proper technical factors, participate in meetings as required. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: ab9e5fd4-4c78-495c-9005-9886a36db482