Transition of Care Nurse
This Transition of Care Nurse is a full time position supporting patient transition of care - case management located in the Administrative Services Building at 6180 N. Corona Road.
Contact patients discharged from hospital and/or post acute care facility and assess complexity of health issues and schedule patient for appropriate Transition of Care visit.
- Provides competent, safe and timely patient Transition of Care planning care utilizing the nursing process.
- Accurately and legibly documents all assessments, interventions and transition of care according to policies and procedures.
- Retrieve and review hospital and/or post acute care records and gain an understanding of patient health issues.
- Utilizing policy and procedures assess if patient is eligible for Transition of Care (TCM) visit.
- Contact patients identified as TCM candidates within 48 hours of discharge and through inquiry determine if patient is required to be seen within 7 or 14 days by PCP.
- Schedule patient TCM visit with appropriate Northwest Allied Physician clinician based on Policy and Procedure.
- Clearly and consistently document in the data system and save all TCM related decisions.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and meetings.
- Accurate documentation of all medication changes while in hospital or post acute care facility.
- Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Practical Nursing required.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience in area of expertise preferred.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: LPN0032424