Surgery Scheduler - GI - 914-011
This Surgery Scheduler is full time days working at 1951 W Grant Rd #160
1. Receives, places and transfers telephone calls and telephone requests using appropriate telephone etiquette; records and communicates or delivers messages accurately and timely. Any requests for information must be responded to in a timely manner.
2. Perform clerical duties. This includes duties related to procedures: keeps patient records current; completes necessary forms, requisitions and communication with high degree of attention to detail and accuracy; receives and distributes mail and written communication; maintains appropriate level of forms, materials, and supplies in a cost effective manner consistent with office needs. Maintains clean, hazard free and responsive work station.
3. Performs surgery scheduling duties with a high degree of accuracy, and following guidelines (including block times). Implements care in a efficient and flexible manner to reflect and anticipate daily changes in the schedule. Avoids scheduling conflicts in relationship to physician and resources.
4. Accurately enters data into the computer. Assures all patient charge sheets are received from all areas. Notifies appropriate persons and departments of all add-on cases, cancellations and changes in schedule.
5. Notifies Office Coordinator or Practice Manager of all problems, seeks clarification as indicated and compiles information as directed, and does so in a detailed and precise manner.
6. Processes the next day's surgery schedule with appropriate information pertaining to each case, surgeon, and patient. Generates various schedules per protocol. Records cancellation information.
7. Calls the appropriate person(s) to keep the continuity of the schedule for the next at maximum via moving cases "up" into the next available opening and to verify starting times with surgeons and appropriate other departments.
8. Establishes and maintains relationships with office staff and/or schedulers of physicians' offices, keeping them informed on new programs, scheduling availability and upcoming activities.
9. Contacts patients regarding scheduled procedures and reminds them of time and date of appointment, reviews any preparations for the procedures and either answer questions or provides referrals in regard to other inquiries. Assists patients with scheduling outpatient test procedures.
10. Demonstrates the ability to complete a typical day's assignment with clinic working hours. Consistently completes assignments in a timely, thorough, and appropriate detailed manner.
11. Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SCHED73696