Scheduling Clerk / Surgery - DCOT - 016
This Surgery Scheduler is a full time days position working at Desert Cardiology
- Responsible for maintaining clean, hazard free and responsive work area with appropriate levels of forms, materials and supplies in a cost effective manner consistent with office needs.
- Clerical duties: includes all duties related to procedure scheduling example documenting pertinent information in the patient record, completing necessary forms with attention to detailed, receiving and distributing mail and correspondence, incoming and outgoing phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Performs surgery scheduling duties with a high degree of accuracy, adhering to scheduling guidelines (including block times). Schedules procedures in an efficient and flexible manner, avoids anticipated conflicts in relationship to physician and procedure resources.
- Accurately enters data into the computer. Assures all patient charge sheets are received from all areas as required. Responsible of appropriate notification to staff members and departments for all add-on procedures, cancellations and changes in schedules.
- Processes the next day's surgery schedule with appropriate information pertaining to each case, procedure, surgeon, and patient. Generates various schedules per protocol. Records cancellation information and notifies physician per protocol.
- Calls the appropriate person(s) to keep the continuity of the schedule in order to maximize efficiency for the physician, surgeon and/or department. This is achieved by moving cases "up" into the next available open slot, verifying starting times with surgeons and other appropriate person(s) or department.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with physician office/hospital scheduling staff. Creating avenues for communication and updating pertinent staff members on new programs, scheduling availability and upcoming activities.
- Responsible for contacting patients regarding date/time of appointment, any preparations for the procedure, answer questions that the patient may have regarding the procedure or other inquiries this includes assisting patients with scheduling outpatient procedures as needed. May be required to provide referrals per practice protocol.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete a typical day's assignment with clinic working hours. Consistently completes assignments in a timely, thorough, and appropriate detailed manner. Takes a sense of ownership regarding other related duties as assigned.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SCHED48582