Scheduling Clerk /Ancillary - Business Operations - Corona Rd. - Full -Time - Days
Summary: Responsible for maintaining physician schedules within Athena software and scheduling patient appointments under the direction on the Practice Manager.
1. Answers incoming calls; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently.
2. Coordinates and schedules patient appointments within an appropriate time frame according the scheduling templates within Athena software.
3. May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
4. Verifies and updates patient information at the time of appointment creation this includes name, insurance or demographic information etc.
5. Answers the phone and documents caller information in the Allscripts system. Tasks documented information to the appropriate tasking group.
6. Processes public record information to identify deceased patients, documents DOD in patient record, notifies physician when appropriate. Searches for upcoming events such as appointments and cancels when appropriate.
7. Communicate appropriate information to the correct offices regarding patients cancelling or declining appointments
8. Documents according to meaningful use guidelines.
9. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: One (1) year medical office or department experience. Preferred: Two (2) years in health care setting.
Skills: Answer telephones input data into computer programs, research information, schedule appointments, telephone courtesy, fax, personal computer, photocopier, type 45 WPM, place outbound calls, task provider offices using Allscripts
Licenses/Certifications: Preferred: Medical Terminology