Scheduling Clerk / Ancillary - 949-006
This Scheduling Clerk / Ancillary position is full time days working at 6180 N Corona Rd., Ste 108
Summary: Responsible for maintaining physician schedules within Athena software and scheduling patient appointments under the direction on the Practice Manager.
1. Answers incoming calls; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently.
2. Coordinates and schedules patient appointments within an appropriate time frame according the scheduling templates within Athena software.
3. May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
4. Verifies and updates patient information at the time of appointment creation this includes name, insurance or demographic information etc.
5. Answers the phone and documents caller information in the Allscripts system. Tasks documented information to the appropriate tasking group.
6. Processes public record information to identify deceased patients, documents DOD in patient record, notifies physician when appropriate. Searches for upcoming events such as appointments and cancels when appropriate.
7. Communicate appropriate information to the correct offices regarding patients cancelling or declining appointments
8. Documents according to meaningful use guidelines.
9. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.