Scheduling Clerk / Ancillary - 069
- Answers incoming calls; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently.
- Coordinates and schedules patient appointments within an appropriate time frame according the scheduling templates within Athena software.
- May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
- Verifies and updates patient information at the time of appointment creation this includes name, insurance or demographic information etc.
- Answers the phone and documents caller information in the Allscripts system. Tasks documented information to the appropriate tasking group.
- Processes public record information to identify deceased patients, documents DOD in patient record, notifies physician when appropriate. Searches for upcoming events such as appointments and cancels when appropriate.
- Communicate appropriate information to the correct offices regarding patients cancelling or declining appointments.
- Documents according to meaningful use guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible and completes all other duties as needed or requested by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
- Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d55429e9-8f7b-41a8-975b-7e9859611b54