Summary: Either directly or indirectly reporting to a nursing supervisor, plans, directs, participates in and evaluates patient care. Collaborates with other disciplines to provide optimal care.
1. Provides competent, safe and timely patient care utilizing the nursing process. Adequately prepares patient for procedures/surgeries and anticipates physician's needs during these procedures/surgeries.
2. Accurately and legibly documents all assessments, interventions and plan of care according to policies and procedures.
3. Transcribes and reviews all orders in a timely manner.
4. Monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
5. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. handoff/report, timely communication to charge nurse/supervisor of issues) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated. Timely reporting & documenting of unexpected incidents or adverse events, including variance reports as applicable.
6. Provides and documents effective and timely patient/family education.
7. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel and/or students.
8. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided by delegates.
9. Accurate and timely administration and documentation of all medications.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.