Seeking a Full Time - Days- Respiratory Therapist to join our team at Northwest Medical Center. Our focus is on high quality patient care through patient assessment, critical thinking skills, time management, and teamwork.
Up to $3,000.00 sign on bonus for qualified, experienced Respiratory Therapists.
Summary: Responsible for all general respiratory care duties as a respiratory care practitioner which includes the administration of aerosol therapy, arterial blood draws and analysis, ECG's, pulmonary function screening, airway maintenance and oxygen administration. Intensive care experience must include but not limited to arterial line management, ventilator maintenance and troubleshooting, intubation and extubation of patients.
- Performs routine respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patient care areas; explains therapy to be delivered to patient and/or family in a professional manner. Performs patient’s assessment prior to treatment and evaluates patient progress during treatment to determine if necessary clinical interventions are required.
- Documents patient care delivered in a timely and consistent manner and assures the completeness of the patient’s respiratory care medical record ensuring that all ordered patient care for the assigned area(s) is completed prior to the end of a shift.
- Provides assistance to physicians on an on-going basis with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to the direct care of the patient.
- Draws processes and documents arterial blood samples in a thorough and timely manner.
- Demonstrates a consistent follow through and consideration for co-workers in making sure respiratory care supply levels are adequate and equipment is properly maintained and in functional order.
- Utilizes effective communication techniques with patients, families, physicians, and co-workers, which result in accomplishing intended goals and positive outcomes.
- Is competent in managing all aspects of mechanical ventilation in a critical care setting as per a physician’s order, including intubation assist, airway clearance, ventilator set-up and management, ET stabilization, NIF maneuvers for weaning, tracheostomy care and patient extubation per protocol.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes work effectively. Meets deadlines and completes assignments within specified time frames. Uses time and resources effectively to meet goals.
- Demonstrates competency in performing EKG's, demonstrating proper EKG lead placement, maintaining EKG equipment and supply levels and assuring timeliness of EKG records.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8634cc95-904a-4cc5-80b5-c0f64004c4a0