Respiratory Therapist *
This Respiratory Therapist position is full-time - nights w rotation if needed - working at Northwest Medical Center.
Experience = Sign on Bonus = $3,000.00
Summary: Responsible for all generalrespiratory care duties as a respiratory care practitioner which includes theadministration of aerosol therapy, arterial blood draws and analysis, ECG's,pulmonary function screening, airway maintenance and oxygen administration. Intensive care experience must include butnot limited to arterial line management, ventilator maintenance andtroubleshooting, intubation and extubation of patients.
1. Performs routinerespiratory care treatments and oxygen administration for adult, pediatric, andneonatal patient care areas; explains therapy to be delivered to patient and/orfamily in a professional manner. Performs patient’s assessment prior to treatmentand evaluates patient progress during treatment to determine if necessaryclinical interventions arerequired.
2. Documents patientcare delivered in a timely and consistent manner and assures the completenessof the patient’s respiratory care medical record ensuring that all orderedpatient care for the assigned area(s) is completed prior to the end of a shift.
3. Providesassistance to physicians on an on-going basis with examinations, procedures,and other processes related to the direct care of thepatient.
4. Draws processesand documents arterial blood samples in a thorough and timelymanner.
5. Demonstrates aconsistent follow through and consideration for co-workers in making surerespiratory care supply levels are adequate and equipment is properlymaintained and in functional order.
6. Utilizeseffective communication techniques with patients, families, physicians, andco-workers, which result in accomplishing intended goals and positiveoutcomes.
Education: Associates degree in Respiratorycare from an AMA accredited school of respiratorytherapy.
Skills: Has current knowledge and skillsappropriate to age/type of patient population served. Must be competent inperforming general respiratory care procedures. Must be competent incommunication skills that provide clear and accurate information in an appropriatemanner within the developmental age range of thepatient.
Licenses: Current Arizona Respiratory CareLicense. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential. BLS and ACLSrequired.