Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women’s center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
This Radiology Technologist position is a full-time - night shift - working at Northwest Medical Center
Summary: Performs diagnostic medical radiographic examinations.
1. Performs radiographic examinations. Identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served.
2. Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety.
3. Maintains X-Rays and other equipment in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis; contracts outside service for major malfunctions.
4. Transports patients to radiographic room; prepares and maintains room.
5. Reviews and evaluates completed tests for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered. Develops films and ensures quality images.
6. Request and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
7. Instructs and supervises students as appropriate.
8. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas.
9. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
10. Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.Qualifications
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training from accredited program in Radiologic technology.
Licenses/Certifications: CRT license from State of AZ Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners (MRTBE). BLS for Healthcare Providers.