Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women’s center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Role supports the activities related to quality reporting, safety and process improvement through data acquisition,
1. Responsible for collaborating with internal and external colleaques to develop data acquisition methodology for defined clinic quality and population health metrics as assigned.
2. Responsible for collaborating with quality and Informatics, at the direction of practice leadership, to develop, test and modify clinical quality dashboards as assigned.
3. Responsible for reporting results of assigned data acquisition and quality reporting assignments to practice leadership and clinicians.
4. Responsible for ensuring data accuracy and intergrity thru defined validation methodologies.
5. Interact and communicate with clinicians and outside payers, consistently exhibiting behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and a focus on clinical quality.
6. Responsible for data mining and submission(s) to related regulatory and payer quality reporting.
7. Must exhibit a keen detail to detail and accuarcy in all work products.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software, practice EMR and EPM systems and the ability to create meaningful reports for practice management.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of HEDIS and Value Based Payment Models.Qualifications
Education: "Required: Associates Degree
Preferred: Bachelors Degree"
Experience: One (1) year experience with CMS guidelines relating to Medicare wellness guidelines, familiarity with HEDIS and other quality metrics relating to Mediare Advantage plans, familiarity with Arizona Medicaid wellness and quality reporting guidelines.
Skills: Answer telephones, Balance figures, Compile statistics, Compose letters/memorandums, Computer literacy data entry, retrieval, reporting, Coordinate events, Coordinate meetings, Input data into computer programs, Interview others, Proofread documents, Research information, Strong analytical and organizational skills, Team facilitation & meeting skills, Use computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses, Calculator, Fax, Multi-line telephones, Personal computer, Photocopier, Flexibility in work schedules & assignments.