Physician Assistant - PRN - (EXPERIENCED) - Emergency Medicine - *Seasonal Opportunity*
This is a Seasonal Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine position working PRN at Northwest Medical Center
Summary: Provides services to patients at one of Northwest Medical Center’s Physician Practices. Physician Assistant will work with direction and supervision from responsible physicians. The Physician Assistant may provide urgent and emergent care to patients of Northwest Urgent Care within the scope of licensure by the state of Arizona and professional training.
1. Evaluation of patient - obtain detailed and accurate patient histories, perform physical examinations, delineate chronic and current health problems.
2. Order routine or specific procedures (laboratory studies, radiographs, and administration of medications) and interpret findings or outcomes.
3. Propose and initiate treatment programs for patients within the urgent care setting.
4. Prescribe appropriate medications to treat or relieve symptoms. Address current medications and adjust if necessary.
5. Perform routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to, injections, immunizations, suturing and wound/burn care, incision and drainage, foreign body removal (skin or eye), managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, facilitating the management of more complex illnesses and injuries.
6. Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, or other areas, such as general health maintenance as pertaining to the acute condition or any co-morbidities evaluated in the urgent care setting.
7. Perform appropriate emergency measures as deemed necessary, e.g. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administration of medication, and general stabilization of patients.
8. Maintenance of accurate, detailed, and complete medical records.
Education: Arizona Physician Assistant License.
Experience: Two years physician assistant experience; Emergency or Urgent Care preferred.
Skills: Acting with integrity, analyzing and interpreting fiscal responsibilities, computer literacy, gather needed information, delegating and supporting teams, evaluating decision/solutions, improving work process, making effective decisions. Treating others with respect and dignity, in addition to valuing diversity. Demonstrates excellent human relations and oral and written communication skills. Effectively utilize communication channels. Partner with customers/others to promote the mission, vision and values at Northwest Medical Center.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: An unrestricted Arizona Physician Assistant license. Must be certified by the NCCPA (National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants). Current DEA license (not required at DCOT). Current American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS & BLS certifications.
Preferred: AHA PALS certification.