Patient Access Representative - Tucson Surgery Center - PRN
Summary: Performs patient registration and office support duties of a complex nature. Provides quality customer service to internal and external customers. Participates in the collection of up-front revenue due the facility.
1. Performs all registration functions, provides outstanding customer service maintaining customer satisfaction.
2. Enters accurate demographic and insurance information in the facility computer system.
3. Addresses all compliance forms mandated by regulatory agencies with patients
4. Verifies eligibility and authorization on all registered patients, documents information in the facility AdvantX computer system
5. Records appropriate insurance information and notifies third party payer for prior authorization as contractually dictated.
6. Collects co-payments, deductibles and self pay deposits as indicated by registration information or insurance card. Provides receipts for all payments received. Maintains cash/productivity log for co-payments and/or deposits.
7. Demonstrates proficiency at facility wide and/or department specific computer software and technology. May be expected to cross train to other clerical support areas, as needed.
8. Ensures all documents are completed accurately and signed by the patient prior to receiving services.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.