Nurse Practitioner - Gastroenterology - Full-Time - Days - *NEW OPPORTUNITY*
Summary: Provides services to patients at one of Northwest Medical Center’s Physician Practices. Nurse Practitioners will work with direction and supervision from responsible physicians.
1. Evaluation of patient - obtain detailed and accurate patient histories, perform physical examinations, delineate chronic and current health problems.
2. Order routine or specific procedures (laboratory studies, radiographs, and administration of medications) and interpret findings or outcomes.
3. Propose and initiate treatment programs for patients within the urgent care setting.
4. Prescribe appropriate medications to treat or relieve symptoms. Address current medications and adjust if necessary.
5. Perform routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to, injections, immunizations, suturing and wound/burn care, incision and drainage, foreign body removal (skin or eye), managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, facilitating the management of more complex illnesses and injuries.
6. Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, or other areas, such as general health maintenance as pertaining to the acute condition or any co-morbidities evaluated in the urgent care setting.
7. Perform appropriate emergency measures as deemed necessary, e.g. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administration of medication, and general stabilization of patients.
8. Maintenance of accurate, detailed, and complete medical records.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Nursing from a State Board of Nursing approved school. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program (Masters or Post-Masters Certificate).
Experience: Two (2) years experience preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills. Professional and courteous communication, maintaining and enhancing self-esteem of others. Effective listening skills, able to respond with empathy. Effective, appropriate conflict management skills. Able to effectively assess educational needs of self, staff, patients, family members and caregivers. Demonstrates initiative and ability to work with limited direction to complete expected tasks.
Licenses/Certifications: Active Arizona Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner licensure. Must possess prescribing privileges - documentation from the Arizona State Board of Nursing and Drug Enforcement Agency certificate. Current CPR, BLS, and ACLS certification.