This is a PRN or Per Diem position.
The Student Nurse Internship Program is an employment opportunity for nursing students interested in pursuing a career at Northwest Medical Center.
The Student Nurse Internship (SNI) is valued at Northwest Medical Center. SNI provides nursing students who are within a semester from graduation the opportunity to work with qualified nurse preceptors and acquire valuable skills and knowledge to better prepare for professional nursing practice.
- The student nurse recruited for the SNIP must have completed the second or third semester from an accredited nursing school prior to the start of the program.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (provide unofficial transcript).
- Must have a current Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
- The student nurse intern will begin internship during the summer (June) with a minimum work time requirement of 12 hours per pay period.
- Beyond the required one shift per pay period, the student nurse intern is eligible to pick-up shifts in the float pool or in their assigned units as a Nurse Technician.
Benefits to the student nurse:
- The Student Nurse Intern will attend new employee General Hospital Orientation, and Clinical Orientation, and Cerner Training for nurses.
- Establish valuable professional relationships with the nursing staff and other multidisciplinary team.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: NURSE17558