Medical Staff Assistant II
Summary: Performs diversified duties of considerable responsibility to support the Medical Staff and Hospital Departments. May assist in the training of support staff and department volunteers.
1. Demonstrated proficiency in maintaining departmental data bases and other pertinent hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
2. Prepares agendas, attends meetings, documents minutes of meetings, and forwards follow-up items to appropriate individuals for completion.
3. Prepare monthly Medical Staff meeting calendar. Schedule and coordinate additional medical staff meetings as required. Reserve rooms and order meals for meetings.
4. Type letters, memos, policies, forms. Open and distribute incoming mail, correspondence and other materials to department staff.
5. Coordinates all ordering of office supplies with department staff. Obtain quotes from vendors as needed.
6. Monitor expiration dates for licensure, DEA certificates, malpractice insurance, board certification of expirable documents and obtain renewal information. Forward copies as needed to Oro Valley, Tucson Surgery Center, and NW Surgery Center.
7. Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for Corporate, Administration, and other hospital departments as needed.
8. Coordinate Medical Education lecture presentations. This is accomplished in collaboration with the Medical Education Coordinator.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f084d471-1d16-4ac1-a3b0-51eb67cc239e