Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees-whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
This Medical Assistant - Physician Practice position is full-time - days - Working at Northwest Allied Gastroenterology - 1871 W Orange Grove Rd, Suite 101
Summary: Performs patient care activities under the supervision of a provider. May assist providers with medical office procedures.
1. Maintains established policies, procedures and service standards including those that govern confidentiality, objective, quality assurance program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Greets and assigns patients to appropriate rooms. Instructs patients on necessary paperwork and procedures. Plans, organizes and supports the care of patients, families and visitors in outpatient setting.
3. Assists provider with medical office procedures, such as wound dressing, suture removal, injections, UA dips, EKG, holter monitors, and other applicable office procedure depending on specialty.
4. Assist with processing prescription refills via ERX, Fax or phone. Appropriately fills requested for medication samples per practice samples inventory policy.
5. Possess computer skills and applications, as required for each individual practice and specialty. Documents patient care in practice EHR including correspondence and required reports, maintains logs and records as assigned.
6. May be required to perform triage duties, as defined by practice, this may include reporting test result to the patient and/or phone triage, under the direction of a certified care giver i.e. RN, F-NP, PA or Physician.
7. May be required to pre-register patients, schedule appointments, coordinate referrals, and verifies insurance eligibility, photocopy information, scan/file information, and answer the telephone, take messages, and directs calls
Education: High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience and graduation from a certified/accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
Experience: Six (6) months experience in a medical practice setting preferred, or completion of externship program at NMC (or its Affiliates) site(s).
Skills: Answering telephones; Maintaining filing systems, office manuals, logs and records; Scheduling appointments, coordinating referrals; Medical office procedures: wounds dressing, suture removals, charting, injections, obtaining pre-authorization and EKG. Oral/written communication.
Licenses/Certifications: "Required: BLS certification.
Preferred: Current CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) Arizona State Certification."