Medical Assistant (Full-Time) - Northwest Medical Plaza in Fayetteville
Do you want to be a valued member of a team who plays a critical role in providing excellent care to patients in a clinic setting? Are you interested in working directly with physicians and other medical professionals? If so, consider joining our team as a Full-Time Medical Assistant at Northwest Medical Plaza in Fayetteville with rotating shifts between the hours of 7a-7p M-Thurs and 7-3 Friday.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting in examination and treatment plans under the direction of a physician
- Conducting intake on patients’ vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height)
- Completing patient health history in the electronic medical record
- Demonstrating knowledge of anatomy and proficient in medical terminology
- Drawing and collecting blood samples for patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current Medical Assistant certification (CMA) or registration (RMA) or receipt within 30 days from hire
- 0-3 years of medical assistant or related experience
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or receipt within 90 days from hire
- Friendly and professional demeanor and ability to keep work efficiently and quickly during clinic hours
About Northwest Health
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians’ Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women’s Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren’t local and haven’t already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MEDIC51850