Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women’s center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Responsible for providing operational support to the physician clinic managers and physicians to ensure meaningful use compliance.
1. Serve as the subject matter expert for all aspects of the HITECH Act (Meaningful Use) for the employed providers of the organization.
2. Serve as a positive role model and assist clinic managers and providers to embrace the operational changes associated with the AMR implementation and Meaningful Use (MU) efforts
3. Demonstrate leadership, collaboration, critical thinking and teamwork in addressing MU decisions and resolving issues.
4. Responsible for ensuring that end users are trained on the areas required for MU.
5. Responsible for ensuring that all reports are built appropriately and capture all data required for MU attestation and that such reports are accurate and true.
6. Develop MU training material for local AMR applications and train and/or coordinate training with the clinic practice leaders.
7. Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations related to MU.
8. Manages projects as assigned with attention to detail, expected outcomes, and timelines.
9. Assist with policies and procedures as necessary to coincide with clinical informatic system usage.Qualifications
Education: High school diploma or GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred or minimum of three (3) years relevant outpatient clinic experience.
Experience: Three (3) years of clinic experience and working knowledge of meaningful use and the associate requirements of meaningful use.
Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software; Ability to interpret several abstract and concrete variables; and Knowledge of outpatient AMR software.