LPN - Urgent Care
Summary: Participates in the delivery of patient care under supervision of an RN. May be assigned to a non-nursing division but reports for clinical issues to a nurse.
1. Provides competent, safe, and timely care based on the age of the patient within the scope of practice.
2. Accurately obtains and legibly documents patient vital signs and physical exams.
3. Participates in the education, development and implementation of the patient care plan in collaboration with and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
4. Monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
5. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. handoff/report, SBAR, timely communication to RN/CNL of issues) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
6. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel and/or students.
7. Accurately and timely administers medications and IV fluids, within defined scope of practice.
8. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided by delegates.
9. Timely reporting, reviewing and documenting of all orders and unexpected incidents or adverse events, including incident reports as applicable
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: efd4e3fd-1539-4bda-8051-15578c9dac59