LPN - Urgent Care - Orange Grove - PRN
Summary: Participates in the delivery of patient care under supervision of an RN. May be assigned to a non-nursing division but reports for clinical issues to a nurse.
1. Provides competent, safe, and timely care based on the age of the patient within the scope of practice.
2. Accurately obtains and legibly documents patient vital signs and physical exams.
3. Participates in the education, development and implementation of the patient care plan in collaboration with and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
4. Monitors clinical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
5. Ensures accurate, timely communication among caregivers (e.g. handoff/report, SBAR, timely communication to RN/CNL of issues) to include appropriate chain of command when indicated.
6. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel and/or students.
7. Accurately and timely administers medications and IV fluids, within defined scope of practice.
8. Assumes responsibility for appropriate delegation of patient care tasks and oversees care provided by delegates.
9. Timely reporting, reviewing and documenting of all orders and unexpected incidents or adverse events, including incident reports as applicable
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Practical Nursing required
Experience: One (1) year of clinical experience in area of expertise preferred.
Skills: As defined in Competency Documentation
Licenses/Certifications: Current LPN license in Arizona and BLS certification.