Insurance Verification Representative
This Insurance Verification Specialist position is full- time - days at the free standing ambulatory surgery center or ASC east side The Tucson Surgery Center located at 1398 N Wilmot Rd. Tucson,AZ 85712
Summary:Coordinates insurance verification on all admissions to the facility ensuring coverage meets the standards of admission as stated in facility policy. Relays new and/or revised contractual obligations pertaining to the facility to existing staff in a consistent and professional method.
- Monitors all patient insurance verification processes. Ensures accurate recording and proper flow of required information and forms, including provision of insurance/payer information to the business office.
- Ensures all patients registered in the system have an identified payer source, insurance plans verified ,notified and services authorized.
- Conducts daily QA of work done within the Admitting department and reports to the supervisor on a daily basis.
- Identifies and maintains required skill set to support staff on revised payer requirements.
- Works with Utilization Review to coordinate PPO, Medical and Medicare information.
- Provides admitting representatives with patient liability due, to ensure upfront collections.
- Maintains clear and concise documentation on each patient's account
- Enhances processes in the Admitting department by attending in-services related to insurance.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 99a140d7-752d-4bbb-b3ac-363187daefc9