This Laboratory Tech - GI position is a part-time - days. M-F No call, no weekends, no holidays. Working at the Tucson Surgery Center - 1398 North Wilmot Road
Summary: Assist in the nursing care of the endoscopic patient by performing duties and related activities, within scope of practice, for endoscopic procedures, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
1. Assists with preparing rooms with needed appropriate instruments, supplies and equipment. Assists with procedural set ups.
2. Functions as part of the procedural team, anticipating needs of physician, within scope of practice, during endoscopic procedures. Assists with positioning of patients during procedure.
3. Exhibits thorough understanding of endoscopes and their workings. Ability to process and troubleshoot endoscope problems.
4. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment, instruments and supplies and returns them to proper locations.
5. Handles specimens/cultures according to policy.
6. Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures to ensure minimal turnover time.
7. Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
8. Participates in department/facility cost containment programs.
9. Assist as needed with scheduling, preop calls and organization of medical record.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.