EMR Trainer - Physician Practice - Compliance Specialist
1. Demonstrate leadership, collaboration, critical thinking and teamwork in addressing MU decisions and resolving issues.
2. Develops training modules to optimize all applicable programs within the department while consistently maintaining and updating modules on all systems timely. Document all training.
3. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain various reports for internal and external use. Interacts with internal and external customers using both verbal and written communication skills to discuss financial processes, issues or reporting.
4. Demonstrates ability to analyze and problem-solve, recognizing the need for troubleshooting early enough to obtain assistance or additional information, in order to meet deadlines.
5. Maintain systems databases in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains awareness of I/S needs for end users. Tracks and logs system issues and resolutions.
6. Responsible for ensuring that end users are trained on the areas required for MU.
7. Develop MU training material for local AMR applications and train and/or coordinate training with the clinic practice leaders.
8. Determines the computer abilities and competence of the staff by identifying staff learning needs relative to the applicable Northwest software. Promotes employee development of computer skills to meet position and system needs.
9. Manages projects as assigned with attention to detail, expected outcomes, and timelines.
10. Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
11. Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c352d7ba-3e8e-454a-a5e7-b124641743ba