Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women’s center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
This a per diem position working day shift at Northwest Medical Center
Summary: The RN Case Manager coordinates services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care. Assists in development, planning, coordination and administration of the activities of clinical review, discharge planning, resource utilization and utilization review.
1. Assesses the continuity of care, expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate a patient's progress throughout the continuum of care. Aggressively seeks appropriate placement to other settings/level of care as soon as medically stable for discharge, assuring a safe disposition.
2. Assists in the development of patient care protocols and in updating patient procedures for care of a select group of patients. Maintains current knowledge of the identified case specialty to review an interpretation of the literature and community resources. Ability to gather and interpret data as it pertains to clinical and resource management.
3. Applies accepted admission clinical guidelines to screen admissions to determine necessity of admission. Assist in timely management of all outpatient/observation patients.
4. Provides assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and interactions with patients and family members. Communicates findings with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
5. Assumes leadership role to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration, to include but not limited to outlier rounds, self-pay rounds and observation rounds.
6. Functions without direct supervision, utilizing time constructively and organizing assignments for maximum productivity.
7. Facilitates patient and family education, and the discharge process to promote continuity of care, optimal patient outcomes and readmission prevention.
8. Demonstrates compliance in documentation, related to patients continuum of care, State, Medicare, and JCAHO regulatory requirements. Documentation provides a clear understanding of patient interaction, hospital course, anticipated discharge needs and/or barriers to discharge.
9. Concurrently identifies and manages day and cost outliers, documents validation of continued hospitalization. Works with insurance companies to provide information to justify admission and continued length of stay.
10. Identifies and assigns proper discharge disposition code. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.Qualifications
Education: Associate's degree. Master's/Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years experience preferred. 2 years of clinical/hospital experience or 2 years of experience in like areas required.
Skills: Able to interview others, strong analytical and organizational skills and team facilitation and meeting skills.
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN Licensure in Arizona and BLS Certification.