CAO Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita-Sahuarita, AZ
Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita, part of Northwest Healthcare, is an 18 bed neighborhood hospital opening in Spring 2020. The facility will provide primary care and specialist clinics along with emergency services, two operating rooms, and outpatient imaging and lab.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
The CAO will assist the Market Chief Executive Officer or Hospital Chief Executive Officer over multiple facilities in meeting or exceeding the yearly profit objectives, expense control and physician relations for the Hospital. This unique opportunity will involve building the team for a brand new neighborhood hospital.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with translating annual revenue and profit goals into specific plans that will achieve desired goals.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO, in developing a strategy for increasing volume by targeting specific physicians on the medical staff as well as assessing needs for new physicians.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with achieving a balance between revenue and expenses.
- Periodically review hospital’s department results and advise corrective actions to department managers.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with strategies for building stronger relations with the medical staff.
- Provides suggestions on how to approach difficult problems with individual physicians.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with physician recruiting as well as identifying new services/product lines and capital expenditures.
COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Works with individual department manages to review performance, strengths and development needs and provide coaching.
- Shares best practices from experience both internally and externally.
- Suggests additional training that will assist department manager’s performance development.
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in NURSING from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree required (health care administration, business administration, or nursing preferred).
- Active nursing license for the state of Arizona.
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) with current licensure within the state of Arizona.
- 5 years of demonstrated successful leadership in an acute-care hospital environment (For-profit experience preferred).
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations
- Understanding of how to build revenue and physician practices.
- Basic knowledge of hospital financial systems required.
- Ability to recruit, lead, coach and develop employees in order to assist them in job success.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families.
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, and medical matters.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Must be able to problem solve, identify real issues and formulate solutions and to teach others as well.