Billing Specialist - 019
This Billing Specialist - ASC position is full-time - days - working in the Business Office Located at 6180 N. Corona Road - Northwest Medical Center.M-F 730-400pm. Critical upfront and post processed claims review for growing physician practice. Patient encounters occur in Office, Hospital OP, Hospital IP, and UC.
Summary: Performs billing of all hospital accounts including some professional fees. Responsible for Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and/or any other contract terms in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Bills inpatient and outpatient clean claims electronically or hard copy with 24 hrs. Researches and edits claims for accurate billing information. Bills all rebills with 72 hrs.
- Documents on system all steps taken on account so that it clearly communicates action. Reprobates account for accurate patient and insurance liability.
- Reviews medical records outstanding on a monthly basis and requests information if needed. Reviews with manager requests that are past 30 days.
- Completes and turns in billing log weekly. Maintains productivity standards on a regular basis as evidenced by: ability to complete assigned tasks and remain current within scheduled hours per week.
- Works toward achieving department and individual goals, meeting HARA National billing standards
- Handles and resolves incoming rebills or correspondence within 3 days. Responds to telephone inquiries by 10:00 am the following scheduled work day. Identifies department and self when answering phone. Reads and follows through on email and moxes within 48 hours.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: BILLI09943